Somebody's got to keep the unofficial list of people who have completed this difficult feat, so we've nominated ourselves to take on the task.
Thank you for those of you who have contacted me regarding additions to the list. We attempt to verify the authencity of the claim before posting the name. The year in parenthesis is the year completed.
1. James A. Wysocki (1986) of Louisiana, the first man ever to do so!
2. Robert McCoy (1988) of Florida *
3. Norman Klaparda (1993) of California
4. Samm Klaparda (1998) The first woman to have played all 100 ***
5. Oliver 'Bud' Thompson (1995) of Ohio **
6. James Dunne III (1995) of New York
7. Rich Hoover (1997) of Pennsylvania
8. Bernie Hiller (1997) of New York
9. Mel Hughes (1999) of Colorado
10. Rod Boren (2000) of Ohio ****
11. Sunil Kappagoda (2000) of New York
12. Selwyn Herson (2004) of California
13. Alan Heuer (2004) of Connecticut
14. Leon Wentz (2005) of California
15. Randy Pace (2006) of Florida
16. Dick Michaux (2006) of California
17. Marc Brown (2007) of California (all courses on lists from 1999-2013)
18. Quentin Lutz (2007) of Ohio
19. Tom J. Clasby III (2009) of California, completed every course ever ranked in the top 100!
20. Masa Nishijima (date unknown) of Japan
21. Mark Lampert (2010) of North Carolina
22. Bill Schulz (2012) of Arizona (all courses on lists from 2001-2011)
23. John Sabino (2013) of New Jersey
24. Erlend Malfait (2013) of Belgium
25. Paul Rudovsky (2014) of North Carolina and Massachusetts
26. Hong-Seh Lim (2014) of California (all courses on the list from 2003-2013)
27. Michael J. Durham (2014) of Texas
28. Larry Nicholls (2015) of Nevada (completed lists from 2013 & 2015)
29. Fergal O'Leary (2015) of Ireland *****
30. Jonathan Orszag (2015) of New York
31. Mitch Reese (2015) of Florida
32. Jeff Lewis (2016) of New York
33. Moss Ngoasheng (2016) of South Africa
* McCoy has completed playing the top 100 twice, including the unreal feat of doing it again in 100 consecutive days in 1997.
** Thompson was a lawyer who represented many golf organizations. He flew his own plane to many courses he played in the U.S.
*** An especially difficult feat for a female golfer given how hard Garden City and The Golf Club are to access
**** Rod actually played all the courses that have ever hosted major championships including the US Open, US Amateur, PGA Championships, Masters, British Open, British Amateur and plus the US venues for the Ryder Cup and Walker Cup
***** Fergal completed
the US Top 100 at age 28 and completed the World Top 100 at age 32. Fergal
is the youngest person in history to complete the US 100 and the World
100, and is the only Irishman to complete either feat. Fergal is also on
the verge of completing all courses ever ranked by GOLF Magazine in both
USA and World since their inception.
****** Ralph Kennedy of New York gets an honorable mention as he played 3,000 courses between 1910-1952 around the world including many of the world's best. Although there was no ranked list at the time, we give him credit. The original golf fanatic!