Sunday, October 24, 2010

Who would you want to have a drink with?

The results of our latest poll question is in and not surprisingly, Bobby Jones commanded the lead in the voting, "Which golfing figure would you most want to have a drink with if you could?"

Bobby Jones 37%
Halter Hagen 21%
Jack Nicklaus 14%
Phil Michelson 12%
Tiger Woods 9%
Colin Montgomerie 4%

Only 12 other people voted with me selecting the dour Scot. Even after his performance on the Ryder Cup? The man is a living wonder.



Prior poll results:

Hardest course to get on? Augusta
Great golf course architect? Mackenzie
Best golfing region in the world? Long Island

Please join me in our new poll question: The best Redan hole?

I have a new write-up coming later this week on a real gem of a course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long Island the best golf region?
How many people can even play most of those courses? Even if I had total access to all the courses in the world, I don't think I would choose LI as the place to play,if I could only choose one place.

What about Scotland or SE England. Around London you have great parkland,heathland and links courses.

What about New Zealand?

If easy access for anyone is a criteria,then London and Scotland are far ahead of LI. Just one area of Scotland is probably better than LI,especially when access in considered.

What about SF and the Monterey Peninsula?

Paparabbi said...

I am staggered that Long Island is considered the best golf region in the world...The west coast of Ireland and the Aryshire Coast in Scotland both present better 'regions' for golf. Yet neither of them match the east coast of Scotland: Muirfield, Gullen, North Berick, Luffness New and Dunbar provide the richest golfing experience anywhere in the world.

At least in my opinion!!!

Anonymous said...

Regarding Colin, when I visited the Old Course in the early 1990s I had a professional caddie who had worked for several top pros at the Dunhill. I asked my him if he was a Montgomerie fan. He told me "No way -- he reminds me of a bulldog chewing on a wasp."